How do I change the Magtek Centurion (Dynamag) swiper from HID Mode to Keyboard Emulation Mode?
In cases where swiping is unsuccessful in the VT or Sage Exchange with a newly received swipe device, the device may be in the wrong mode. To change the mode, please follow the steps below, please note these steps must be followed on the PC that the device is connected to:
- Verify the issue relates to the swiper being in the wrong mode. If you are able to swipe into 'Notepad' and there is an output, the swiper is in 'Keyboard Emulation Mode' and you should not follow the below steps. If there is no output when swiping, it may be in HID Mode.
- Go to: https://rs.magensa.net/rs2/app/publish.htm
- Select the “Install” button on this page, you will be prompted to run or save a setup.exe file. Please run or save and then run this file.
- Once the application opens, enter the following information:
Customer Code: 001000032
- If your device is connected, the details will display in the box in the upper-right-hand corner. If not, it will display “Unable to Open a Reader”. If the reader is not detected, please check the connections and then click the “Detect Configuration” button.
- When the reader is connected and detected, you can see the Interface Type as HID to confirm.
- Use the “Option” drop-down box to select the option you wish to change. To convert the device(s) from HID to Keyboard Mode, please select “MODE_KBE”, and once selected, click the “Change Configuration” button. You may receive a dialog “KSN Mismatch” pop-up box, which indicates the KSI of the reader does not match the KSI of the selected key. Please select “Yes” and continue.
- Once changed, the dialog box on the right should indicate “Successfully Changed > MODE_KBE”. You can click the "Refresh" button to see the Interface Type, it should now read KBE.
- The swiper should be unplugged and then go ahead and plug it back in. Wait for the green light to illuminate to indicate the proper drivers have loaded.
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.