How do I process recurring credit card payments in Sage Millennium 2013?
Sage Payment Solutions Processing Tools
Access the Sage Payment Solutions Processing Tools by using Sage Millennium Explorer.
- Click on Tools.
- Click on SPS
- And then click on Process Pledge or Virtual Terminal.
If your System Administrator has not granted you the rights to use the Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing tool or Virtual Terminal, you will receive a message about 'Proper Security' in the display area.
Pledge Payment and Sustainer Pledge Payment Processing
If your site has pledges and sustainer pledges tendered by credit card or bank draft, the Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing tool will determine when the next payment on these pledges is due, create a pledge payment for the amount due, and charge the appropriate credit card with or debit a bank account for the pledge payment amount.
Warning: You must specify a date range when processing sustainer pledge payments. The date range that you specify must limit the sustainer payments selected to the current month in which they are due. If you do not specify this date range, then the Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing tool may create and process more payments than are due.
For example, if you create a sustainer pledge on February 1, 2010, with payments due on the first day of every month of the year. The first payment is due on March 1, 2010. If you run the Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing tool on March 1, 2010, and you do not specify a date range of March 1, 2010, through March 31, 2010, then the tool will create and process the payment that is due on March 1, 2010. The next month you run the tool without dates specified then the tool will create a payment for April 1, 2010, plus the payment for the payment that was due the previous month, March 1, 2010. The following month there would be 3 payments, and so forth.
If you did not run the Pledge/Sustainer Pledge Processing tool for the month that a payment on a sustainer pledge was due, then you can post the payment from the constituent's Giving (or Dues) display. Once posted, the credit card or bank draft transaction will automatically be processed if Real-Time processing is available for your User Id.
- Access the Process Pledge processing tool, see above for details.
- Select Process Gifts? to select pledges in the gift table and/or select Process Dues? to select pledges in the dues table (you may process pledges from both tables at one time).
- Select Process Credit Cards? to process pledges that were set up with a credit card tender and/or select Process Bank Account Drafts? to process pledges that were entered with a bank draft tender. You may process pledges tendered by one or both at the same time.
- Select Process Pledges? to process pledge transactions (p). Select Process Sustainer Pledges? to process sustainer pledge (sp) transactions. You may process one or both at the same time.
Note: Pledges with multiple allocations will NOT be processed through the automated payment process. They must instead be manually processed.
- Select the 'User Group' from the drop-list box if you want to only process pledges that belong to a single 'User Group'.
- Enter a 'Start Date' and 'Stop Date' if you want to only create and process payments that are due within a certain range of due dates. If you want to process payments for one due date, enter that same date in both the 'Start Date' and 'Stop Date' fields. Type in the dates using the proper Sage Millennium date format, or select dates from the calendar control. If you want to process all pledge payments that are now due, then leave both date fields blank.
Warning: If you are creating and processing payments for sustainer pledges, then you must specify a date range that will include only those payments that are due in the month that you are running the Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing tool.
- Select OK.
Note: To create a work file for Paya, you will need to create a report from Reporting. The first line of the report query must begin with the payments or the sustainer payment table. Once you save the criteria, you must choose to save the work file when you run the report. If you are creating a work file to select sustainer payments for processing, including a line of criteria that checks that active is set to 'Y'. This way, deactivated sustainer payments will not be selected.
- Select OK. The Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing Tool will select the pledges to be processed based on the options you selected above, or the time key in your worktable, and will display a summary report. This summary report will list the number of transactions by bank account and credit card type, and then list the total dollar amount for each account and credit card type. The list will also include a grand total transaction count and a dollar amount summary.
- You may process the selected transactions without viewing the details of each one by selecting 'Process', or you may view the details of each payment transaction that will be created by selecting 'Show Details'.
- The detailed report includes the ID, name, billing address, credit card, and bank account type, the last 4 digits of the bank account or credit card number, the expiration date of the credit card, the due date of the payment transactions, and the amount to be charged to the credit card or debited from the bank account (payment amount). Select 'Show Summary' to close this detail report, or select 'Process' to process the transactions.
- Once the selected transactions have been electronically processed, a summary report will display on the Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing Results screen. This report summarizes, by bank account and credit card type, the dollar amount of the transactions that were approved, and therefore paid to your institution, the dollar amount of the transactions that were rejected, and the total dollar amount of the paid plus the rejected transactions. This report will also include a grand total of the amounts paid, amounts rejected, and the sum of both paid and rejected. Select 'Print' to print a hard copy of the summary report, or select 'Show Details' to view the details of each transaction processed. Each dollar amount in the report is a hyperlink that will open a new window to display the details for that particular dollar amount.
- The detailed reports will include the ID, name, billing address, credit card, and bank account type, the last 4 digits of the account or credit card number, the expiration date of the credit card, the effective date of the main gift or dues transaction, and the amount that was charged to the credit card or debited from the bank account. If a transaction was rejected or declined, the reason will be listed as well. Select 'Print' to print a hard copy of the detailed report. Select 'Close' to return to the Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing Results screen.
- Exit the Pledge/Sustainer Payment Processing Results screen by selecting your next task from Sage Millennium Explorer.
If you have questions or require additional information, please contact Sage Millenium Technical Support at 1-800-945-3278.