ERROR: Microsoft .NET Framework: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application... There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
Sage Exchange Desktop 2.0
When attempting to launch Sage Exchange Desktop (SED), a Microsoft .NET Framework dialogue box opens with this error message:
Please be advised that you first need to make hidden files viewable. Please see the instructions below on how to do so:
- Select the “Start” button, then choose “File Explorer“.
- Make sure the menu bar is expanded. ...
- Select the “View” tab.
- Check the “Hidden items” check box to view hidden items.
- If you need more file viewing options, select “Options” > “View“.
Once you have made sure hidden items are now viewable, follow the instructions below:
- Launch File Explorer from the Start Menu or System Tray and go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Sage Payment Solutions\Sage Exchange Desktop.
- Delete the SageExchangeDesktop.settings file.
- Then Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Sage Payment Solutions\Sage Exchange Desktop\
- Delete the SageExchange.exe.config file.
- Go to the Start Menu and launch Sage Exchange.